World is a dangerous place, no doubt about it. There are floods, fires, earthquakes, hurricanes, volcano eruptions and many more both natural as well as man-caused disasters that make the world a dangerous place. But sometimes, danger can be much closer to you without even knowing that. This are the 10 facts that will make you terrified of everyday objects.
1. Many shampoos, soaps, hair dyes and other cosmetic products contain carcinogens that can cause cancer.
2. 12,000 people die after falling on stairs, with half of these deaths occurring at home.
3. Watching TV for more than 2 hours a day can shorten your life expectancy by 1.4 year. If you watch TV for six hours daily, you might die 5 years earlier than you would naturally.
4. Bathtubs kill 341 people annually.
5. Texting while driving kills 6,000 people annually in the U.S. alone.
6. Puppies can transfer Campylobactor to humans, this causes diarrhea.
7. Every year, 600 people die just in the U.S. alone after falling out of bed.
8. Zipper is the most common cause of penile injuries. The zipper-related genital injuries send 1,700 men to Emergency Room each year.
9. If you sneeze hard enough, you can fracture a rib. But try to suppress a sneeze and you might rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck.
10. A lit candle causes more than 15,000 house fires every year.