Distance between people is a cruel and nasty joke. There are many difficulties people face on a daily basis, when they are far apart from each other, whether it’s the children living away from their parents, friends now working in different cities or being in long-distance relationships. Here are some of the struggles we face, when we live far away from those we love…
1) Being able to talk to them, while trying to match time-zones, and calculating the minimum hours of sleep on which our body may function.
2) Not being able to see them on a daily basis, is probably the hardest phase of such a life. However, thanks to technology, this problem now seems a little sorted.
3) You wanna know what’s on their mind. What’s troubling them or not, are they fine or ARE THEY FINE ? All you can do, is listen !
4) If they are in some sort of problem or situation where they might need your physical presence… not being there might feel like some sort of Torture. Really !
5) Missing them on special occasions, birthdays, anniversaries, festivals. It seems you are missing out on something, when all you’re missing out on, is being able to celebrate these days with them.
6) They are far away from you, in a strange city, amongst strange people. You will worry…. A LOT ! All the time. Again, it’s not a very good feeling, but it won’t go away until you know that they are fine.
7) Your worst nightmare will be the day, you wake up, and get a message that says ” I’m sick ! 🙁 “.
8) For those in a relationship, watching people around you, having a gala time with their respective partner, will seem like someone stabbing you in your sleep… while you watch them ! 😐
9) Let’s be honest here, they will be busy. Maybe most of the time… maybe occasionally. Managing that between each other, so neither gets neglected, will be a tricky business.
10) The times when you’ll fight, cry and miss each other, would be nothing less than a tragedy.
But despite all these, you’ll manage it. You will have to. Because when you’ll see them again, all these struggles will be worth the wait. 😉