Prasad is a devotional offering made to a God and which is then distributed among devotees. It is mostly an edible item which is offered to saint, deity or an avatar. It is practiced since a very long time in Hindu temples. After having the ‘Darshana’ of their god in the temple they always seek Prasad. There are vivid food items used as Prasad in the Indian temples. From Noodles to Rat laced food, there exist many unique Prasad in the temples.
Here’s a list of some of the unique Prasads you’ll get only in Indian temples.
1. Karni Devi Temple, Rajasthan
2. Kaal Bhairav Temple, Ujjain
3. Jagan Nath Temple, Puri
4. Gogamedi Temple, Rajasthan
5. Ganpatipule Temple, Maharashtra
6. Chinese Kali Mandir, Kolkata
7. Alagar Kovil Temple, Tamil Nadu
8. Tirupati Balaji Temple, Andhra Pradesh
9. Shri Parmahans, Madhya Pradesh
10. Murugan Swami Temple, Tamil Nadu
Which of these have you visited?
Do not forget to share with your friends and let us know your views about the article, please write in the comment section below.