Connect with us

19-Yr Girl Gang-Raped For 3 Hours, Police Didn’t File Case & Said She Came Up With A “Filmy Story”


19-Yr Girl Gang-Raped For 3 Hours, Police Didn’t File Case & Said She Came Up With A “Filmy Story”

Crimes against women are on a rise and our law has strict punishment for rapists too but what will you say when a police officer refuses to lodge a complaint and calls the rape incident a filmy story?

19-yr girl gang-raped for 3 hours:

In an extremely shocking incident, a girl of 19 who was preparing for IAS had been gang-raped for 3 hours after being tied up. The heinous crime took place on Tuesday in Bhopal’s busiest part under a bridge and the four accused even had breaks for tobacco and tea during the act.

Representational Image Source

Police denied registering a case:

Even more shockingly, the first officer whom the girl and her parents told everything said that the girl had been cooking up a “filmy” story. He denied investigating the matter or lodging her complaint till the victim and her parents dragged two rapists into the police station.

Police officer suspended:

Dharmendra Singh, senior officer, accepted that there had been a delay of 11 long hours in registering the complaint and for the same, RN Tekam, sub-inspector, is suspended.

It’s said that cops made an attempt to hide the crime as it happened when they were busy with MP founding day celebration.

An atmosphere of protests and fury was created by Congress and in the midst of this all, CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan had a meeting with senior officers for discussing action.

How it happened:

The girl was raped nearby Habibganj Railway station from where a railway police post is only 100m away. It takes generally one hour to reach her hometown from her coaching classes for which she often takes a train; however, on the day of the incident, she made up mind of opting for a short route. It was at about 7pm that Golu Bihari and Amar Bhuntu saw her when they were consuming alcohol. They grabbed her and pulled her towards an abandoned culvert.

Golu Bihari was jailed for killing daughter and was out on bail while Amar Bhuntu is his brother-in-law.

She made attempts to fight rapists and consequently, they thrashed her and tied her up. The complaint says that when Golu went for getting tobacco and cigarettes, Amar was keeping an eye on her. She further asked them for clothes as they tore her dress. Golu indeed gave her clothes but with him, two more men named Ramesh and Rajesh came and the four devils kept on raping her till 10pm.

At last they permitted her to go but snatched her phone, earrings and watch.

How the girl and her family caught two rapists:

She approached a railway police post and her parents who work with security forces were called. Her father went to a police station with the girl the next morning and then they were redirected to two other stations.

As they were coming back from Habibganj police station, the victim saw Amar and Golu close to the place where they raped her. She identified them and then after chasing the duo, the family handed over them to cops.

Her mother’s take:

Here’s what her mother said,

“While coming from Habibganj, my daughter saw two of the rapists loitering in front of Mansarowar Complex, which is around 500 metres from the spot of crime. We handed over the duo to GRP Habibganj.”

She further said,

“It’s one of the worst experiences of my life. If I, as a policewoman, have to face such problems in filing my daughter’s gangrape complaint, I can’t imagine what a common man goes through. SHO GRP Mohit Saxena and SI Uikey misbehaved with us and said they wouldn’t file any case. SI Uikey alleged that we were making a ‘false filmy complaint’.”

It’s definitely a matter of great shame on the part of police officers that instead of understanding the plight of the victim, they called it a filmy story which resulted in mental trauma for the girl.


Share Your Views In Comments Below

More in News

To Top