While the policy of Liberalisation, Privatisation and Globalisation (LPG) has contributed to the significant growth in GDP of the country, the focus now needs to be on striking a balance between ecology and economy as both go hand in hand. Earlier, the focus and concern were more on economic development rather than improving the environment. However, environmentalists and other stakeholders of the country have understood that environmental issues and the economy are inter-connected. Without addressing environmental issues, development of the economy takes a back seat.
In an effort to convert ideas into action, Socio Story Foundation (SSF) is organising a virtual conference which will see experts discussing and providing the probable solutions which will help in balancing two important factors for development- Ecology and Economy.
One-of-its-kind in India, SSF will be organising the event ‘Aligning Economy with Ecology (SDG 13)’ on November 7, 2020 from 4 pm onwards. Manoj Pachauri, Founder of Socio Story, stated, “The objective of the event is to create awareness about various aspects of the environment and sustainability among youth. Sustainable living can lead to development of the country, both in terms of environment and economy. Climate change is real and it’s one of the most pressing issues in the world that requires our attention. Socio Story believes that awareness on environmental issues is important in order to sensitize youth on sustainable living.”
The registration for the event is free of cost and interested participants can register on:
Interested participants can register on:
The speakers for this national event are:
- Grammy awardee Ricky Kej- an Indian composer, music producer and Environmentalist
- Grammy nominee Lonnie Park (USA)- a vocalist, keyboardist, songwriter, engineer, producer
- Padma Bhushan awardee Dr Anil Prakash Joshi- an Indian green activist, social worker, botanist and the founder of HESCO.
- Magsaysay awardee Dr Rajendra Singh (Waterman of India)- Indian water conservationist and environmentalist
- Ms.Parul Kumar, Co-Founder- Prabhaav Foundation
- Mr.RitwikBahuguna, Wazir Advisors & Roots Foundation
The topic of the event is; “Why economies of environment have become the need of the hour?”
The discussion will be around the following points:
- How to address the environmental issues?
- Concepts of equity, fairness, right and justice when applied to the environment.
- Measures to limit environmental damage.
About Socio Story
Socio Story is a development advocacy platform which brings stories of social changemakers to the world and raises a voice on various pressing issues like climate change, education, poverty, healthcare etc.
It’s a platform where social changemakers can share their tale & journey of toil, grit and leadership towards achieving their social goals for creating a better India. It features and gives a platform to unsung social changemakers, spread positive news, celebrate their success, and showcase the positive social impact work of lesser-known or unvoiced change makers.