Six Sigma is the process through which one can eliminate defects or faults and optimizes production or services as best as it’s possible. Its basically a problem-solving tool and is a Six Sigma certified professional can open many more doors for you than it would otherwise.
What is Six Sigma Black Belt?
Six Sigma has various levels, Yellow Belt, Green Belt, and Black Belt and among these the Six Sigma Black Belt is the highest level of qualification. Upon completing the Six Sigma course, you will be Six Sigma Certified. A Six Sigma certified personnel has the ability to interpret and implementing the six sigma principles with proficiency and expertise.
This program allows you to apprehend all the ingredients of DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, and Control) which prepares you to become a team leader, helping you display its qualities by understanding the dynamics of a team and its members.
It’s based on these leadership qualities that you will be able to assign roles and responsibilities to the team member while understanding and analyzing any situation, allowing you to lead a Six Sigma project.
Who is an Ideal Black Belt Candidate?
If your goal is to improve and enhance the quality of a product or service while looking at the end-to-end structure of any project, then this is ideal for you. Team leaders, senior managers, project managers, quality assurance engineers, management professionals, software professionals, and professionals holding similar job profiles are ideal for taking up this Course as this is indispensable in your field of work.
The requirement to Qualify for the Course
To be eligible to apply for this Course, an applicant needs to be a full-time job holder or must have had one. A paid intern, working for a co-operative or any other job profile holder cannot use these as job experience to fulfil the work experience requirement.
What is the Role and Responsibility of a Black Belt Certified Personnel?
A Six Sigma black Belt holder acts as either a full-time or a part-time project leader while a mentoring business that includes Green Belts holders and other members. You are taught to see far beyond the immediate action and focus at the end result. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the outcome is recorded and the patrons embrace the changes, as well as sustain the changes while work on the specific projects you are assigned. Six Sigma knowledge transfer among both full- and part-time participants are going to be your responsibility while you train and guide these participants.
It’s customary for them to create a platform to conduct debates based on facts and best practices with honesty and openness. You are trained to challenge the present circumstances as well as the established order when seen fit while seeking and sharing ideas beyond the limited threshold.
What are the Basic Deliverable Metrics of a Black Belt?
- Strategic analysis and planning with the help of Six Sigma principles and unfolding the plan for the project
- Project Execution
- Help and guide Project Resources/ Help remove project level Barriers.
- Structuring a project and its team
- Mentoring Six Sigma Green Belts along with other associates who are a part of the project
- Share Best Practices
- Aim at the Result of the Six Sigma Projects
What are the advantages of being a Black Belt for you and your career in an organization?
- A black belt certified personnel is responsible for process improvements in all forms and is also the one who takes the improvements forward within the organization.
- With the help of various statistical analysis and Six Sigma tools, you will be a skilled professional who will be trained in improving the performance of the organization.
- Thus, holding a Black Belt Certificate can be very advantageous as well as rewarding for your career as you will get a variety of opportunities, extending from a Business Analysts to becoming a Process Improvement expert. It will help you move ahead in your career and become an expert in what you do.
What are the Difference between Six Sigma Black Belt and Lean Six Sigma Black Belt?
Though the Black Belt versions of Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma have different paths, both have similar levels of certifications – Yellow, Green, Black and Master Black Belt.
To become a Six Sigma certified professional you will need to have a minimum of three years of experience in the field dealing with Six Sigma along with an experience of working in at least one project with a signed affidavit. If you have these, then you can pursue the Six Sigma Certification and sit for the examination.
Whereas, Lean Six Sigma are for those who have no or little work experience in this field of Six Sigma but are prepared to learn through studying to appear for the test. There is no set criterion for this.
The examinations for both of these are conducted for four hours. The questionnaires have 150 questions and are in the multiple-choice format that measures ones understanding of the Six Sigma Body of Knowledge.
How long is the Certificate Valid?
To maintain the authenticity and integrity of one’s knowledge at par with the Six Sigma Body of Knowledge that one had while being originally being certified, one needs to be recertified every three years. This will allow your certificate to be of “Current” status, and you will be recognized as certified.
What are the Two Most Recognized Accredited Bodies of Six Sigma?
The two most recognized accredited bodies of Six Sigma are the International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC ) and the American Society for Quality (ASQ).
The difference between the two most recognized accredited bodies of Six Sigma are:
- Their examination patterns are different. While IASSC ‘s examination is a closed book, ASQ examination is an open book, but both use similar Book Of Knowledge to train the professionals in the Six Sigma Black Belt.
- To obtain the IASSC Certification, one needs to get a minimum score of 580 out of 750 whereas, for ASQ certification, one needs to get a minimum score of 550 out of the total 750.
Lastly, you need to know that the Six Sigma certification course isn’t standardized among the various agencies offering the Course. Thus, you must do thorough research before venturing out to obtain this certification in Six Sigma Black Belt.