If you are a resident of Delhi, there’s some good news for you with regards to your medical bills. Yes, today Arvind Kejriwal launched a welfare scheme for residents of Delhi, under which radiology tests will be completely free of cost.
The ad was circulated in all the major newspapers ; it read “We are committed to provide affordable and quality healthcare to all citizens of Delhi.”
This is indeed a great step by the government; these radiology tests include Ultrasounds, PET scans, CT scan an MRIs. No matter what the income of a person is, they can do these tests free of cost.
However, to avail this, the patient has to get a referral letter by the doctor. The state health ministry has designated 23 polyclinics and 30 government clinics for this campaign and patients can go to 21 private diagnostic centers (Under Directorate General of Health Services) across Delhi.
Earlier this scheme was introduced only for poor and included CT scan, Pet scan, MRIs but now, the list has increased. Here’s the list of tests can be availed.
Here’s the official tweet by the health minister;
All costly radiology test i.e MRI, CT scan etc free of cost for all Delhi residents immediately in pvt diagnostic centres. No income limit. pic.twitter.com/I4iFwLtllB
— Satyendar Jain (@SatyendarJain) March 2, 2017
List of government hospitals!
1. Aruna Asaf Ali Hospital, Civil Lines
2. PT Madan Mohan Malviya Hospital
3. GB Pant Institute of Medical Education and Research
4. Janakpuri Super Specialty Hospital
5. Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital
List of diagnostic centres!
1. National MRI, CT Scan an Diagnostic Centre, Punjabi Bagh
2. ML Aggarwal Imaging Centre, Safdarjung Enclave
3. Focus Imaging & Research Centre, Green Park Ext
4. Dr Gulati Imaging Institute, Aurobindo Marg
5. Dr SS Doda’s Ultrasound Center, Pusa Road
6. Focus Imaging & Research Center, Green Park Ext
Provision is made for surgeries as well; in case a patient is asked to wait for 30 days by government hospital, he can get free surgery at NABH accredited private hospital. Yes, AAP has tied up with over 40 private hospitals for this.
So guys, isn’t this good news? Do share your views in our comments section below.