The list of ESPN World Fame 100 of 2018 is out and it is a proud moment for every Indian as 11 Indian athletes have made it to the list.
This list includes famous players of the world sport and three factors that were taken into consideration to rank the sportspersons are:
1. The Google trend score of the athlete
2. The fan following of athlete on social media
3. The amount he/she makes through endorsement deals
Undoubtedly, the Indian cricketers have dominated the list as 9 out of 11 Indian athletes are cricketers. However, the good part is that the remaining two Indians are women and from different sports – Saina Nehwal and Sania Mirza.
Check out the Top 10 list:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Soccer player, Portugal)
2. LeBron James (Basketball player, United States)
3. Lionel Messi (Soccer player, Argentina)
4. Neymar (Soccer player, Brazi)
5. Roger Federer (Tennis player, Switzerland)
6. Tiger Woods (Golf player, United States)
7. Kevin Durant (Basketball player, United States)
8. Rafael Nadal (Tennis player, Spain)
9. Stephen Curry (Basketball player, United States)
10. Phil Mickelson (Golf player, United States)
Indians in Top 100:
Virat Kohli (Cricketer) – Rank 11
MS Dhoni (Cricketer) – Rank 20
Rohit Sharma (Cricketer) – Rank 30
Suresh Raina (Cricketer) – Rank 41
Saina Nehwal (Badminton player) – Rank 50
Yuvraj Singh (Cricketer) – Rank 57
Ravichandran Ashwin (Cricketer) – Rank 71
Harbhajan Singh (Cricketer) – Rank 80
Gautam Gambhir (Cricketer) – Rank 83
Shikhar Dhawan (Cricketer) – Rank 94
Sania Mirza (Tennis player) – Rank 100
Click here to see the complete list
Congratulations to all the players who have made it to the list!
We would definitely like to see some women Indian cricketers and Indian athletes from different sports also in the list next year.