The 2014 Forbes World’s Billionaires Ranking List consists 4 Indian Women and Here goes the List:
Source of Income: Steel
Net Worth: $6.4 Billion (acc to 2014 List)
Real Time Net Worth: $5.5 Billion (as of 8/3/2015)
Ranks #12 in India and #295 World Wide
Source of Income: Media
Net Worth: $2.6 Billion (acc to 2014 List)
Real Time Net Worth : $3 Billion (as of 8/3/2015)
Ranks #31 in India and #764 Worldwide
Net Worth $1.2 Billion
Source of Income: Biotechnology, Founder-chair, Biocon Ltd.
Ranks #87 in India and#1741 World Wide.
Source of Income: Engineering
Education: Bachelor of Arts / Science, Bombay University
Net Worth : $1.1 Billion (2014)
Real Time Net Worth: $1.46 Billion (as of 8/3/2015)
Ranks #94 in India.
List of ‘Firsts’ By Indian Women:
- First Woman Miss World: Reita Faria in 1966. (She was also the first Asian to win the title.)( Aishwarya Rai won it in 1994 and Priyanka Chopra won it 2000.)
- First Woman World Miss University: Priyadarshini Pradhan in 1989
- First Woman International Teen Princess: Radha Bartake in 1974
- First Woman Miss Teenage Intercontinental: Elizabeth Anita Reddy in 1978
- First Woman Miss India Worldwide: Karminder Kaur Virk in 1994.
- First Woman Miss Universe: Sushmita Sen in 1994
- First Woman Miss Asia Pacific: Zeenat Aman in 1970
- First Woman Miss Intercontinental: Lara Dutta in 1997.
- First Woman Mrs. World: Aditi Gowitrikar in 2001
- First Woman Miss Tourism Queen International: Zabina Abdul Rashid Khan in 2004
- First Woman Miss World Tourism : Sonal Chauhan in 2005.
- First Woman Miss Earth: Nicole Faria in 2010
- First Woman Miss Tourism: Priyanka Shah in 2007
- First Woman Miss Tourism Queen Of The Year International: Urvashi Rautela in 2011
- First Woman Miss Asia Pacific World: Himangini Singh Yadu in 2012
- First Woman Miss Supranational : Asha Bhat in 2014
- First Woman Miss Universal Peace and Humanity : Ruhi Singh in 2014
- First Woman Miss Tourism International (China Version) : Parul Bindal in 2014
- First Woman Winner of Man Booker Prize: Arundhati Roy for her novel “The God of Small Things” in the year 1997.
- First Woman Honours Graduate: Kamini Roy (1886)
- First Woman to Climb Mount Everest: Bachendri Pal on 23 May 1984. She was the 5th woman in the world to scale the peak.
- First Woman to reach South Pole: Reena Kaushal Dharmshaktu.
- Youngest Woman in the world to climb Everest: Malavath Purna on 25th of May 2014 at the age of 13.
- In 1913 First Actress of Indian cinema: Durgabai Kamat in Mohini Bhasmasur, released in November.
- First Women Recipient of Dadasaheb Phalke Award : Devika Rani
- In 2004 First Actress to win Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (Order of Arts and Letters) : Sharmila Tagore
- Actress to enact most roles (12): Priyanka Chopra in What’s Your Raashee?
- First Woman President: Pratibha Patil (2007–2012)
- First woman Cabinet Minister in India: Rajkumari Amrit Kaur.
- First woman Minister in India: Vijaya Lakshmi Pandit.
- First woman Governor of a State: Sarojini Naidu (Governor of Uttar Pradesh, 1947–49)
- First woman Home Minister: Sabitha Indra Reddy in Andhra Pradesh Govt.
- First woman Speaker of the Lok Sabha: Meira Kumar
- First woman Finance Minister of State Government in India: Dr Upinderjit Kaur, in Punjab Govt.
- First Woman in space: Kalpana Chawla aboard Space Shuttle Columbia flight STS-87, on 19 November 1997. She was a naturalized United States citizen, and represented the US during the event.
- Woman to swim across the English Channel: Arati Saha, 1959
- First Medal in Badminton: Saina Nehwal, winning bronze in the London Olympics 2012.
- First Medal in boxing: MC Mary Kom, winning bronze in the London Olympics 2012.
- Female – Koneru Humpy – 2002 – She was also the youngest woman to become a grandmaster at 15 years old. (Hou Yifan of China is the youngest woman to become a grandmaster, at 14 years and 6 months.)
- First Lady Teacher: Savitribai Phule.
- First Woman to reach 4th round (highest as of 2009) of a Grand Slam singles event: Sania Mirza in the Singles category of the 2005 US Open.
- First Woman to win a Grand Slam title: Sania Mirza (partnering with Mahesh Bhupathi) in the Mixed Doubles category of the 2009 Australian Open
- First Grand Slam junior title by a woman: Sania Mirza (partnering with Russian Alisa Kleybanova) in the Doubles category of the 2003 Wimbledon Championships.
- First woman to score a double hundred in Test cricket: Mithali Raj [214* against New Zealand at Wellington, 2004] (she was first in the world to achieve this feat)
- First women’s court in India: Malda, West Bengal (24/1/2013)
- First Women Graduates: Kadambini Ganguly and Chandramukhi Basu, 1883
- The first woman Honours Graduate: Kamini Roy, 1886
- First Woman Head of an Undergraduate Academic Institution: Chandramukhi Basu, 1888
- The first woman Director General of Police: Kanchan Chaudhary Bhattacharya
- First Woman Nobel Peace Prize in 1979: Mother Teresa; Indian citizen of Albanian origin.
- The first woman to receive Nobel Prize: Mother Teresa of Calcutta
- First Woman Railway Minister of India: Mamata Banerjee
- First Woman to become Railway Minister of India twice in her tenure: Mamata Banerjee
- First Woman to pilot a locomotive engine (train driver) : Surekha Yadav
- First Woman to become Railway Minister of India in two different Governments (NDA & UPA) :Mamata Banerjee
- First Woman to be the Chairperson of State Bank of India:Arundhati Bhattacharya
- First Woman Court martialled: Anjali Gupta in 2005
- First Woman Lawyer: Cornelia Sorabjee (1892) also the first female graduate from Bombay University, and the first woman in the world to read law at Oxford.
- First Woman Photojournalist: Homai Vyarawalla (1913)
- First Woman Doctorate of Science: Asima Chatterjee (1944)
- First Woman Chief Justice of a High Court (Himachal Pradesh): Leila Seth, 1991
- The first woman Air Vice Marshal: P. Bandopadhyaya
- First Woman Supreme Court judge: Justice M. Fathima Beevi
- First Woman High Court Judge: Anna Chandy
- Woman President of the United Nations General Assembly: Vijaya Lakshmi Pandit, 1953
- First Woman Physician: Kadambini Ganguly, 1886
- First Woman Airline Pilot: Durba Banerjee
- First Woman In space: Kalpana Chawla aboard Space Shuttle Columbia flight STS-87, on 19 November 1997. She was a naturalized United States citizen, and represented the US during the event.
- The first Indian woman to sit in civil services exam, to join IFS, to be a diplomat, to become the ambassador/High commissioner (She also to sue the Indian government for gender bias): Muthamma Chonira.
- The first woman to cross English Channel: Aarti Saha
- First Woman Monarch of Delhi Sultanate: Razia Sultan (1205–1240) of Mamluk Sultanate (Delhi)
- First Woman Prime Minister: Indira Gandhi, 1966
- First Woman Minister in a government: Rajkumari Amrit Kaur in the Ministry of Health
- First Woman Chief Minister of a State: Sucheta Kripalani, Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, 1963–1967.
- First Woman Central Minister (in pre-independent India): Vijayalakshmi Pandit, minister of local self-government and public health, 1937
- Asha Pande, first Indian woman to be the member of Legion of Honour
- Anjali Gopalan, first Tamil woman member of the royal French Legion of Honour.
- First Woman IPS Officer: Kiran Bedi
- First Woman ,Asian Games gold medal winner: Kamlijit Sandhu
- First Woman Paris Brest Paris Cycling Event: Divya Tate (44): August, 2011
- The first Indian woman pilot: Harita Kaur Deol becomes the first Indian woman pilot in the Indian Air Force (IAF), on a solo flight in 1994.
- First Woman To Cross Gobi Desert: Sucheta Kadethankar (33): 2011
- First Indian woman to reach the final of an Olympic event Pilavullakandi Thekkeparambil Usha, popularly known as P. T. Usha
- First woman IAS officer: Isha Basant Joshi(1908) Joint Magistrate and Assistant Commissioner of Lucknow, Joshi also served as Deputy and Joint Secretary Ministry of Education in the Government of India. She retired in 1966 as the Commissioner-cum-Editor of the District Gazetteer .
- First and youngest Indian female Ultramarathoner (23yrs) to run a 100 Mile Race(Himalayas): Priya Darshini (October, 2007)
- First Indian Women to win Magasasay Award: Kamladevi Chattopadhyay.
- First Woman to win a match in a Grand Slam event: Nirupama Vaidyanathan beat Italian Gloria Pizzichini in the first round of the 1998 Australian Open.
- First Lady Doctor: Anandibai Josh.