10 Excuses to Take Leave from Office!!!
Even the erstwhile class topper bunks office on some lame excuse to, well, JUST BE! Even our bosses know when we are lying about a sickness or a family wedding, kyonki boss bhi kabhi junior tha! Some of the most common excuses to take leave from work are:
1. Sudden fever/loose motion since this morning! You just cannot get out of bed!
2. Demise of a family member who is long gone (par sachh toh kadwa hota hai, toh phir bole ki kyon?)
3. Need to take a dose of that steroid injections and I feel sick immediately after it.
4. Ghar mein aaj koi nehi hai Sir! Mummy ki tabyat bohot kharab hai, doctor ke paas le jana hai. (Some of us even secretly pray for our mom’s good health after this)
5. A sudden call from a relative stationed outside the city last night informed us that our grandmother has expired, while all your family members live nearby, at a distance of maximum 5 kms.
6. Our departmental head called and told us that we must collect our graduation certificates today! And then keep wondering what excuse will be made on the day of the actual ceremony.
7. I fell from the stairs while rushing to work and now my ankle or butt is the size of a football!
8. Mera kutta mar jaega Sir!
9. This is particularly applicable for those in the media, especially in the field of journalism. I’m meeting a secret client for the whole day to crack a huge story! Sorry, can’t talk about it yet! *wink*
10. My babysitter hasn’t turned up! I cannot abandon my baby at any cost now, can I?!
While some of these are actually believable, bosses often know and accept the ‘I am sick’ excuse and make you work extra hard the next day! Grrrr!