These celebrities might have paid more than what they used up in their wedding during divorce. They regret it or not, but these divorces benefited their spouses with handful of money and power. Apart from the reasons behind their breakup, we mention you the most expensive celebrity divorce in the legal history, which made their spouses richer.
1. Alec Wildenstein divorce from Jocelyn Wildenstein helped her to receive $2.5 billion in the divorce settlement and $100 million every year for 13 years after.
2. Murdoch married Deng only 17 days after his second divorce and thirteen years later, he had to pay $1.8 Billion, which is the second most expensive divorce.
3. After a 32-years of marriage Murdoch and Torv filed divorce in 1999, benefiting Torv with over $1.2 billion which also included $110 million in cash.
4. President and CEO of Formula One racing, Bernie Ecclestone was married to Slavica Ecclestone which made him pay $1.2 Billion during divorce.
5. Adnan Khashoggi, a Saudi Arabian businessman, divorced Soraya Khashoggi in 1982, where the settlement went up to $ 850 billion.
6. Steve Wynn, chief executive of Wynn Resorts, divorced Elaine Pascal in 1963 Elaine benefiting her with 11 million shares of the Wynn stock which equals to $741 million.
7. Divorce of Craig McCaw and Wendy Petrak in 1997 is estimated to be $460 million.
8. Divorce settlement between Mel Gibson and and Robyn Moore is estimated to be $425 million in 2006.
9. Irina Malandina filed for divorce against Roman Abramovich, a Russian business tycoon, awarding her with $300 million.
10. Marlene Fipke divorced Charles Edgar Fipke where settlement benefited her with 1/5th of Charle’s company, who was the first person to discover diamonds in northwest territories of Canada and many more things totaling about $200 million.
What is your views towards these divorces? Do share with us and let us know.