Handbags have becomes a common fixture to women, and they just go gaga over them. There are many luxury brands that produce limited edition of bags to be carried on red carpet. Fashion bags are available in wide spectrum, but did you ever thought of spending Crores in one little handbag? Forbes went on research and picked up the most expensive handbags around the world.
1. Mouwad’s 1001 Nights Diamond Purse – Price – $3.8million(INR 24,00,00,000)
This diamond shaped handbag is made from 18 karat gold , 56 pink diamonds ,105 yellow diamonds and 4,356 colourless diamonds and is Certified by the Guinness Book of World Records as the most expensive handbag in the world which required 10 artist to put on 8,800 hours to complete it.
2. Hermes Birkin Bag by Ginza Tanaka – Price – $1.9 million(INR 12,00,00,000)
The birkin bag is a combination bag made out of diamonds and platinum that flaunts 2,000 diamonds on the outer shelf and the centre piece of diamond is covered with 8 karat stones that can be removed and used alternatively too.
3. Diamond Forever Bag by Chanel – Price – $261,000(INR 1,65,00,000)
This beautiful handbag is completely crafted from fine crocodile leather festooned with 334 diamonds and the shoulder straps is made out of white gold. There are only 13 of these and 5 are in the United States.
4. Cleopatra Bag by Lana Marks – Price – $250,000(INR 1,57,00,000)
Only one Cleopatra bag is produced every year and each bag differs in design and color. This bag is made out of alligator hide in metallic silver and the 18-karat white gold hook is coated with 1,500 black and white diamonds.
5. Urban Satchel by Louis Vuitton – Price – $150,000(INR 90,00,000)
No diamonds or gold are used here! The bag is completely made out of items such as water bottles, cigarette packs, and chewing gum wrapper. inspite of made out of waste, the handbag belongs to a women’s closet.
6. Matte Crocodile Biking Bag by Hermes – Price – $120,000(INR 72,00,000)
Again a heart striking handbag in the list that is crafted from crocodile leather and the diamond studded hook is made out of 10 carats of diamonds are set on a cradle made of white gold.
7. Precious Rose Bag by Leiber – Price – $92,000(INR 55,00,000)
This top notch handbag is made out of high quality leather and practically covered with precious stones with comes around 1,016 diamonds, 800 tourmaline and 1,196 pink sapphires.
8. Carolyn Crocodile Handbag by Marc Jacobs – Price – $50,000(INR 30,00,000)
The bag is made with one of the expensive and hard to find materials – the purple crocodile skin and this Carolyn bag is one of his most popular accessories launched so far.
9. Patchwork Bag by Louis Vuitton – Price – $42,000(INR 25,00,000)
Only 20 of these were ever made and the American singer Beyoncé Knowles already got her hands on one.
10. Gadino Bag by Hilde Palladino – Price – $38,000(INR 22,80,000)
This beautiful bag is created by Hilde Palladino, a Norwegian Designer which is completely made from white crocodile skin has 39 diamonds very strategically placed on the clasps purely made from white gold!
So which one would you like to own?