Shilpa Shinde doesn’t need any introduction and she was a well-known face of the television industry even before entering the Bigg Boss house. She has worked in a number of shows including Kabhi Aaye Na Judaai, Amrapali, Meher – Kahani Haq Aur Haqeeqat Ki, Miss India, Bhabhi, Maayka, Chidiya Ghar, Do Dil Ek Jaan and Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai.
She recently took part in the controversial reality show Bigg Boss 11 in which she emerged as a strong contestant and finally a winner, defeating many strong contenders like Hina Khan, Hiten Tejwani, Vikas Gupta etc. In her journey of Bigg Boss, she got huge support of followers. Interestingly, her fan following includes not only common people but also many celebs who wished her to win it.
In this article, we present 10 lesser known facts about Shilpa Shinde that her fans would love to know:
1. Shilpa Shinde was born on 28 August, 1977 in Mumbai. Her family was initially not happy with her decision of becoming an actress.
2. As far as education is concerned, she has done graduation in psychology from Mumbai’s K.C. College. Shilpa’s father wished her to become a lawyer but she had a creative mind and she chose acting as a career.
3. Prior to stepping in the television world, she has acted in two Telugu films named “Chhina” and “Shivani” in the year 2001 and in 2017, she had a special appearance for an item song Maro Line in “Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi”.
4. In the TV serial Bhabhi, she portrayed a negative character after which she got several offers of merely negative roles, however she refused to do them.
5. Shilpa’s father is an icon for her and after his death, she went into the state of depression. She even thought of giving up her acting career; nevertheless, she considered it as a challenging phase and overcame it with his brilliant portrayal of Angoori Bhabhi in Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai.
6. Besides acting, painting is her cup of tea and she believes it to be a stress buster. You can imagine her love for painting with the fact that she painted her home’s many corners herself.
7. She is an interior designer as well and the decoration of her home is the best example of her creative skills. Be it the designing of window curtains or sculpture of staircase, Shilpa did it herself.
8. Talking about her nature, she is quite emotional and doesn’t like to manipulate things. Her fans will be proud to know that she wishes for opening an NGO as well as an old age home.
9. As far as her love life is concerned, she met Romit Raj while shooting for Maayka, a popular television serial. Shortly, the couple felt for each other and began to date. In the year 2009, they engaged and were about to tie know; however, the marriage was cancelled as Shilpa couldn’t meet increasing demands of Romit and his family.
10. She became a household name as Angoori Bhabhi in Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai; however, despite the immense popularity that the show gave her, she quit it in 2016 as she allegedly had some issues with the makers. As per her, the makers even tortured her mentally.