1. “I will be home early, mom”
We all know what early means.
2. “Its a sleepover at *insert your bestfriend’s name*, no *opposite gender*”
And your bestie says the same at their place and you guys take off to somewhere else 😀
3. “Me? Drink? Smoke? OMG! What is wrong with you?” *sobs*
You are the walking dictionary of all things narcotic and alcoholic.
4. “He/She is just a friend”
This is probably the most told lie.
5. “Yes, I am well prepared for the exam. I did 4 revisions too” *smiles sweetly*
The person cramming away at 3 AM just enough to pass, totally not you.
6. “But you allowed didi/bhai to go”
To that concert years ago. But now your parents don’t even remember it, so you might as well throw the line 😀
7. “All my friends have the supremely-expensive-gadget-that-you-need-to-sell-a-kidney-to-buy”
How can I NOT have it?
8. “I don’t know how that thing broke”
It fell down three stairs because you knocked it off while you were shamelessly giggling on the phone like a buffoon.
9. “You called? I never got a call!”
*slyly deletes call history*
10. “I did it”
The paying of the bill went with the fine, nobody has to know 😉
So what are the other lies you tell your parents? Let us know, and keep this article away from them 😀