Wedding night is one of the most memorable moments in a couple’s life. However, both the bride and the groom have many doubts regarding it before it actually happens. Especially if it’s an arranged marriage, the girl gets quite nervous and has countless questions in her mind.
Check out 10 of the most common questions that every bride has about her wedding night:
1. How will he react after seeing hair on my private or other body parts if I don’t go for full body waxing?
Body hair is common for males as well as females and none of you should be so anxious or concerned about it. It will be a good idea to trim it on your private part and there are many ways to do it if you fear the option of waxing.
2. What will he think about my physique? Will he think I am fat or too lean?
No one is perfect in this world and we all have some flaws, scars or fat. Be confident about yourself and don’t give a damn to these negative thoughts. Marriage is not only about physical attraction and sex; he will love you for what you are as a person and a partner and will be impressed with your qualities, not body type.
3. I’m a shy girl and have never worn sexy outfits. Is wearing lingerie necessary on the wedding night?
No, it’s not. You should be confident in whatever you wear. A woman looks hot even in saree and it all depends on how you carry your outfit with grace and style. However, if you don’t have any issue in wearing lingerie, go for it because it will charge him further for your romantic session.
4. How would I be able to let a stranger undress and see me without clothes on the wedding night only?
Many brides have this concern but the moment when it all happens is magical in itself. You might hesitate in the beginning but he will try to make you comfortable with a gentle touch like holding hands and then kiss. Subsequently, you will also not able to stop yourself from going with the flow.
5. I never had sex with anyone but virginity can be lost due to many other reasons. How will he react when I don’t bleed?
Gone are the days when men used to possess this attitude. People are educated these days and they also know that there are various reasons for losing virginity. What’s more, trust is the foundation of any relationship and if he trusts you, he will never think about such things.
6. Will it hurt a lot? What to do if I can’t bear the pain?
Undeniably, sex hurts when done for the first time but the pain is not unbearable until a woman has some medical problem. What’s more, you can share problem with your husband without hesitation; he will understand it and act accordingly.
7. How to say NO if I don’t feel like doing it? Will he get angry?
No, he should not be angry because mutual understanding is one of the vital elements to strengthen your relationship. If you are not comfortable doing it on the wedding night only, tell him in a polite manner and he will also not force you because it’s just the beginning and there will be many other nights.
8. Should I wait for him to start or should I take the initiative?
The time is gone when women were supposed to be shy, sitting on the bed with a long ghoonghat. If you feel like taking the initiative, there’s no reason for you to kill your wish. You might be surprised to know that some men actually like it if their partners make a start.
9. What if he comes inside the room and just sleeps or will he get angry if I want to sleep?
None of you should be worried or angry in any of the two conditions. Wedding rituals are exhausting and it’s absolutely normal for both of you to get tired and crave for relaxation rather than taking your relationship to the next level on the wedding night only.
10. How to tell him that I don’t want to step into the phase of motherhood just after the wedding and need some time?
Wedding night is an ideal time for not just physical intimacy but also emotional closeness. If you don’t feel that you are ready for the responsibility of motherhood, try to know his views on the same. If he doesn’t agree with you, discuss your career goals with him. In addition, share with him the idea of making your bond stronger first. He will definitely not force you after that and will respect your decision.
So these are the 10 most common questions that a bride thinks before her first night if she has an arranged marriage. If you have more such questions, share with us.