10 Things That No One Tells You When You First Start College.
People usually get excited at the thought of starting college ! A new life, new friends, less responsibilities, no bickering by teachers etc….. Life seems REAL FUN ! Only a few might prepare your for the struggles you have to face with those fun times !!! Here are a few things you should keep in mind before you enter your respective colleges.
1) You’ll have to re-create yourself… from the scratch. People here don’t know you, your interests, your passion, your dreams etc. You will build yourselves for people again, and create your identity.
2) Nobody gives a damn about your past achievements, your score, your school or whatnot. It’s a busy life and everybody’s moving fast.
3) There comes a time when you will lose sight of what you wanted, and why you wanted it. Your career aspirations might seem to go downhill from the moment you witness others exactly like you, going after the same goals.
4) All of a sudden there will be a million little responsibilities from what to study, when to study, what books to buy…and all that. Your professors will merely be a presence and will never run after you, the way your teachers did.
5) You will have to manage both your school friends… and your new-found college buddies. If you fail to do that, you might lose your old friends, and that would be a real bummer !
6) People will not call you to join them, and the spirit of a common group for your life might get a little lost. You will have to socialise on your own, whenever and whoever you get the chance with.
7) You will miss school. Like hell. Like you’ve never missed anything before. Period !
8) You will have to learn to tackle multiple things together, on your own. College life is a lot of fun, but also a lot of responsibility.
9) You will get Freedom. A lot of it. You will be the master of your life, out of home all day with a single excuse of ‘going to college’. Word to the wise : Be wise ;P
10) You will have to study. Either at the start of the semester, in between, or the night before your exam. College might be fun, but it’s also a lot of work.