Our earth is really huge and has more than 7 billion peoples living in 196 countries. There are few things about some countries hard to believe. This is our list of 10 things you wouldn’t believe about these countries.
1. Most people behind bars – USA
The United States has 2.2 million people behind bars it has 5% of the world’s population but 25% of the world’s incarcerated population.
2. World’s largest opium producer – Afghanistan
Producing a whopping 95 percent of the world’s opium, not even more than 10 years of occupation by American forces have slowed down the industry.
3. Produces most of the world’s oxygen – Russia
4. Most educated people – Canada
With 50% of its population having been educated at the post secondary level, Canada has the most educated population in the world. It is followed by Israel at 45% and Japan at 44%.
5. Almost entirely covered in jungle – Suriname
About 91% of its land covered in jungle Suriname’s half-a-million residents live primarily along the coast near the capital.
6. Most of its citizens live abroad – Malta
More Maltese living abroad than within the country itself.
7. Fastest disappearing nation – Ukraine
With a natural decrease in population of .8% annually, between now and 2050 Ukraine is expected to lose around 30% of its people.
8. Most diverse country in the world – India
In almost every category – culturally, economically, climatically, racially, linguistically, ethnically, and religiously India is either the most diverse countries in the world.
9. The land of no rivers – Saudi Arabia
Most of their fresh water comes from desalinization plants or underground reservoirs.
10. Most overweight population – Nauru
With over 95% of its population being overweight, the small island nation of Nauru is by far the fattest country on Earth.