We all have heard about this country much, but the fact is we always turned a deaf ear to the facts of this country. However, we brought you some facts about Scotland you never heard before.
1. Scotland has over 790 islands, less population and over 300 Castles (one per every 100 square miles)
2. Edinburgh was the first city in the world to have its own Fire Brigade.
3. English is the official language of Scotland and only about 1.5% of the entire population speaks Gaelic Scottish.
4. Facts about Scotland includes, the highest point Ben Nevis which is at 4,406ft (1343m).
5. One of the surprising facts about Scotland is Unicorn is their national animal.
6. In 1794 William Murdoch, a Scottish engineer built the first-ever house which was lit by gas.
7. In Scotland attending school was made compulsory in 1496 which was controlled by church till 1872.
8. The average temperature in July is 15 degrees Celsius, in January it goes as low as 3 degrees Celsius.
9. Scottish territorial coastline adds up to 6189 miles in length.
10. There are so many spectacular views in Scotland and you can enjoy some of them in Shetland and Oakley.
So, did you know about these facts about Scotland?