If you have planned your trip to Russia, we guide you for few things which should be avoided in this Country. There are various taboos associated with Russian culture, which makes some rule which are different from others but strictly followed in his country.
1. If you are invited for a dinner or a party by someone, you need to take something to offer them in return. Anything from chocolates to flowers can be given to them, but if you show up with nothing, it’s a sign that you haven’t a care for the hospitality in the first place.
2. You are not allowed to enter inside the Russian house wearing shoes. Not only this, but most of the Russian women carry different pair of shoes and sandals for the inside use.
3. They don’t believe in underdressed people. Mostly Russian woman may wear high heels and a nice dress even for a normal walk and their explanation to this tradition is “We only live once; I want to look and feel my best”.
4. Russians believe that a man is physically stronger than a woman and therefore, if a man who watches women carrying something heavy and still does not help is termed to be impolite.
5. You are not allowed to Burp in the public and if the incident happens, you are not supposed apologize. By apologizing, they think you acknowledge your authorship, and tried to gain attention.
6. So, if to whistle inside the house Russian culture says you will soon face financial ruin, poverty or a downfall in your career.
7. Do not try to lick the food off the knife or the remainders on your plate and if you are doing do, this is considered to be rude enough and shows a sign of cruelty.
8. Whoever approaches first, Russian man has to pay the bill and for women going wallets and purse is culture.
9. It is considered extremely impolite if you greet someone with a handshake with your gloves. So make sure you remove your gloves before any interaction occurs.
10. Don’t overlook the elderly and women in public transport. Getting up and giving seat to children, women and older one is considered good here. If you are not doing so, you would soon be removed out of the society.
11. You are not supposed to take the “Last Shirt” which simply means you should never take the last option from the person. And take, only if is extremely important to you.
12. You are not supposed to crack joke on parents. You surely can crack a joke on ethnicity, appearance, or gender based jokes, but if you are insults another’s mother and father, it is not considered a joke anymore.
So, did you know about these things about Russia?