13 Facts about Tollywood’s Superstar Mahesh Babu That You Didn’t Know..!!
Ghattamaneni Mahesh Babu was born on 9th August 1975. Mahesh Babu is a widely known South Indian Actor. He is the son of the superstar Krishna. He is the fourth child of the 5 Children, succeeding Ramesh Babu, Padmavathi and Manjula and precedding Priyadarshini. Mahesh Babu was born & brought up in Chennai. As his father is a Telugu superstar, he was always surrounded by cinema environment.
Here are the 13 Unknown Facts about Mahesh Babu..!!
1. Mahesh Babu started acting at the age of 4
In 1979 Mahesh Babu visited the Sets of “Needa”, a Telugu Film where its Director Dasari Narayana Rao shot few narrative sequences of him. This became the debut for Mahesh Babu in Telugu Film industry as a 4 Year Child Actor.
2. Actor Karthi was his schoolmate in Chennai
Mahesh Babu studied in St.Bede’s Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School in Chennai. Tamil Actor Karthi, brother of Tamil Superstar Surya, also studied in the same school.
3. Mahesh Babu acted in 9 films before playing the role of hero in his film
Mahesh Babu acted as a Child Artist is 9 Films and the list includes Needa, Poratam, Shankharavam, Bazaar Rowdy, Mugguru Kodukulu, Gudachari 117, Koduku Diddina Kapuram, Bala Chandrudu, Anna Thammadu. He Played a Dual Role in Koduku Diddina Kaapuram.
4. In 1990 he followed his father’s order and took a Break from movies for 9 years
After Acting in Anna Thammudu, his father Krishna asked him to stop acting and concentrate on studies. Mahesh Babu obeyed his father and took a break from the movies.
5. After 9 Years i.e. in 1999, he made his debut as a lead actor with “Raja Kumarudu”
Directed by K.Raghavendra Rao and co-starring Priety Zinta, this film was a commercial success at the Box Office. He received Nandi Award for Best Male Debut for this film. His next 2 films didn’t reach the expected outcome.
6. In 2003, his film Okkadu became the highest grossing Telugu film of that year
Mahesh Babu won his first Filmfare Best Actor Award for playing this Role.
7. Mahesh Dated his co-star Namratha during the Film Shoot of Vamshi in 2002
After being in relationship for 4 overs with Namratha, they decided to get married. Manjula, Mahesh’s sister, convinced Krishna and they got married on 10th February 2005 at the Marriott Hotel in Mumbai.
8. He gave voiceover for 2 Telugu Films
He agreed to give voice over for Trivikarm’s Jalsa and Srinu Vaitla’s Baadshah. He also agreed to sing a song in his own film Businessman.
9. Pokiri – All Time Industry Hit
After the revenue loss of Athadu , Mahesh Babu took a break of 4 Months for growing his hair and paired up with Puri Jagannadh for Pokiri. Made with a Budget of 100 Million in 2006 and a shooting span of 6 months , the film went onto become the Highest Grossing Telugu Film of all time breaking all the records.
10. First place in Times most desirable men in India
In 2010, he was at the 12th spot but then, raced up to top Spot in 2013 beating the likes of Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan and Aamir Khan.
11. Income Tax Raid after the Success of Dookudu
He won Best Telugu Actor Award at Filmfare and at SIIMA for this Film. After the film Dookudu earned a gross of 1 Billion, Income Tax officials raided his residence in Jubliee Hills. However, it was rumoured that he got a remuneration of over 1.2 Million. It is also Reported that Mahesh Babu is second highest paid actor in South India after Rajnikanth.
12. 14th Rank in Forbes India ‘Celebrity 100’ (2014)
- In 2012 Mahesh Babu stood 31st Place in Forbes India ‘Celebrity List’ , 15th Place with an Earnings of 422.5 million in terms of Property and 79th Place in terms of Fame across India.
- In 2013 he slipped to 54th Place with 289.6 million Property and 24th Rank and 84th Place in Fame.
- In 2014 he is at 30th Position Overall and 14th Rank interms of Money with 510 Million and 84th Position in terms of Fame.
- He has won 7 Nandi Awards of which 3 for Best Actor.
- He also won 5 Filmfare Best Actor Awards.
13. Although Mahesh Babu is a Superstar of Telugu film Industry, he can’t read Telugu Language
Yes you heard it right. As he was born and brought up in Chennai, he never had an option to study Telugu Language. He can understand and talk Telugu fluently but he is unable to read it. He listens to the dialogues from the director and presents it in his Films.
From the Team of RVCJ we Wish him a Very Happy Birthday.
Share your Views in the Comment Section.
Image Source: Google