15 Cricketers And Their Business Ventures.!!
Cricket is one of the most popular sport across the globe and so does the cricketers who put their life and soul for it. There are some cricketers who cash in their popularity to start their own business ventures which include hotels, restaurants, marketing firms, educational institutions etc.
Here presenting you 15 cricketers who started their business ventures.
1. Robin Uthappa – co-founder of iTiffin (a food chain business)
2. Sunil Gavaskar – founded India’s first marketing and management agency, PMG (Professional Management Group)
3. Anil Kumble
- Founder of Tenvic, a sports education company.
- Runs a software company along with his brother – StumpVision.
4. Kapil Dev
- An owner of Kapils XI restaurant in Patna.
- Owns Kaptain’s Retreat Hotel which was started in 1980’s.
- Holds 5% stake in Zoom electronics.
- Kapil Dev also started a company Dev Musco Lighting Pvt limited in partnership with Musco Lighting in order to install floodlights in all the major stadiums of India.
5. Sourav Ganguly
- Co-owner of Atletico De Kolkata, present champions of ISL.
- A host of a reality show, Dadagiri Unlimited.
- He started Sourav’s restaurant in 2004 but closed it in 2011.
6. Virender Sehwag – owner of Sehwag International School
Sehwag International School ranks #25 in all India rankings according to Education Word Indian School rankings of 2013.
7. Zaheer Khan – owner of ZK restaurant in Pune
He owns 2 more restaurants “Toss” and “Banquet Foyer”.
8. Mahela Jayawardene & Kumar Sangakkara – started The Ministry of Crab restaurant in Colombo
9. Yuvraj Singh – started YouWeCan
Also invested in Vyomo, a mobile beauty and wellness platform.
10. Sachin Tendulkar
- Holds 40% stake in Kerela Blasters, ISL team.
- Shareholder and brand ambassador of Musafir travels, a UAE-based company.
- Holds stakes in Smaash Entertainment and Universal Collectabillia Pvt Ltd.
- A shareholder in a joint venture between Future group and Manipal group.
- Owns restaurants in Mumbai and Bangalore named Sachin’s and Tendulkar’s.
11. Chris Gayle – owner of Triple Century Sports bar in Kingston, Jamaica
12. Virat Kohli
- Owner Wrogn clothing brand.
- Co-owner of FC Goa, ISL team.
- Co-owner of a chain of fitness centres.
- He also invested in IPTL team UAE Royals which features his favourite tennis player Roger Federer.
13. Suresh Raina – co-owner of Uttar Pradesh Wizards franchise in Hockey India league
14. Ravindra Jadeja – owns a restaurant Jaddu’s Food Field in Rajkot
15. MS Dhoni
- Co-owner of Chennaiyin FC, ISL team.
- An owner of Mahi racing team.
- Owns Sports Fit Pvt Ltd, a fitness company.
Image Source : Google Images
Did we miss a cricketer? Do share your views in the comment section below.