Its almost year end now.. Hardly 2 or 3 days remaining for 2015 to get over and everyone is busy making plans for New Year Celebrations & Outings.. Meanwhile lets have a look at 15 things that happened for the first time in 2015..
1. Shias, Sunnis jointly lead Eid celebrations in Lucknow
2. Ireland finally became the first country to legalize sex marriage with 62% of people in favor of it.
3. SpaceX launched a rocket that returned to Earth and successfully landed upright.
4. During the Chennai floods , For the first time since 1878 THE HINDU was not published.
5. Inderjeet Singh from Punjab became the first Indian to win gold medal in World University Games.
6. Bidhya Devi Bhandari , Became the First President of NEPAL.
7. Dipa Karmakar became the first Indian to make the finals of World Artistic Gymnastics Championships.
8. Karnataka Govt honored a transgender with the Rajyotsava Award, the second highest civilian honor of the Karnataka state for the first time.
9. Satnam Singh became the first Indian basketball player to be drafted by an NBA team.
10. Anirban Lahiri became the first Indian golf player to qualify for the prestigious Presidents Cup.
11. An Indian mother posted the country’s first gay matrimonial ad seeking a groom for his son.
12. Cuba got Wi-fi connectivity for the first time when an artist set up the first Wi-fi in his studio.
13. India got its first 100% visually impaired officer in IFS.
14. A 28-year-old diploma holder in engineering made history by becoming the first female metro operator in Chennai.