1. The Dubai police fleet includes a Lamborghini, Ferrari and Bentley. This is to allow them to catch speeders who can outrun other cars
2. There are ATMs in Dubai that dispense gold bars
3. Dubai has no address system, no zip codes, no area codes and no postal system. For a package to be sent properly, the sender would have to leave proper directions to the destination of said package.
4. In Dubai, you must obtain a “liquor license” to drink from the privacy of your own home.
5. People living over the 80th floor of Dubai’s tallest building in the world have to wait 2 extra minutes before breaking their fast during the holy month of Ramadan because they will be able to see the sun longer than those on the ground.
6. Ferrari owns the largest indoor theme park in Abu Dhabi. Their rollercoaster, the Rosso, is the World’s fastest, reaching 150mph in 5 seconds.
7. A city (Masdar City) is currently being built in Dubai that will rely entirely on solar energy and other renewable energy sources, with a sustainable, zero-carbon, zero-waste ecology.
Image Source: Youtube Screenshot
8. Petrol is cheap and easy to come by. In fact, you get FREE petrol worth a Dirham (1Dh = 0.27$ = 17Rs) if you buy a Snickers bar.
9. Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world is located in Dubai.
10. There are no personal taxes in the U.A.E.
11. The Palm islands and The World, in Dubai are among the largest man-made islands in the world. These islands added nearly 500 kms to Dubai’s coastline.
12. The Capital Gate in Abu Dhabi (the capital city of UAE) is world’s most inclined building and it looks stunning!
13. The world’s tallest hotel, JW Marriott Marquis, is situated in Dubai. In fact, world’s top 5 tallest hotels are all situated in Dubai, and 7 out of world’s ten tallest hotels are in Dubai.
14. The Dubai Metro is the world’s first driverless metro rail network and has the world’s longest fully automated metro network with a route length of 75 kilometres.
15. Princess Tower, Dubai, is the world’s tallest residential building (101 floors). Dubai marina is the tallest block of skyscrapers in the world. It is home to seven of the ten tallest residential buildings in the world.