High headed MBAs full of 2 years of gyaan from the Kotlers, Peters and Coveys of the world are let loose into the real world everyday. Here is how they slowly and gradually find out what is in store for them.
1. Start behaving like Mr. or Ms. Know-it-All with their family
This newfound wisdom is definitely not appreciated back home especially when they try to train their parents to run the house with MBAism!
2. They start “corporate-izing” anything and everything
Even their own pets sometimes!
3. Distribute visiting card with their new fancy designation to whoever they meet (like pamphlets)
They maybe the only ones reading it!
4. Cant Wait for their first Alumni Dinner to boast about their prestigious job
5. Give Gyaan to Juniors..even visit campus as Guest lecturers
And do you think the Juniors want to listen to them?
6. Network with just about anyone and everyone
7. Mostly have no clue what they are talking about
8. Hope ex Campus romances are never discussed off-campus
9. Rarely talk about their grades at B-school
10. Make their non-MBA colleagues at work insecure with their fat packages
Some of them can get nasty!
11. Pretend they know what they are talking
And eventually look stupid!
12. Use Maslow hierarchy to convince themselves they are here to learn and not to earn
Ya right, like they don’t care about the money!?!
13. Start worrying about paying off the students loan
14. The entry into the corporate world. Ready to make a dent eh?
15. Start carrying the pink newspaper with them to work.
16. Change the channel to business news while their parents are watching their favorite show
And sleep off while watching it!
17. Decide on which city to give as a location preference based on where their girlfriend or boy friend is getting placed.
18. Always offer opinions and free consultancy (like the 4Ps of Marketing) wherever they go in the desperate attempt to sound intelligent
19. Use Microsoft Office, Google and Wikipedia to get solutions to all their problems at work and in life
Sooner or later, it dawns upon them that it takes more than just a degree to make it big in life! Till their bubble bursts, sit back and watch the fun!