Most Indians love boasting about their Phoren Holiday. The first thing they do upon return is flood Facebook with a zillion pictures clicked with the phoren location as backdrop( like its right our of a Yash Chopra movie). On the contrary, there are few things many Indian do aborad which is never spoken about! We wonder..why?
1. Went in for economy class in a cramped up style
Tried every Jugaad in the book to get an upgrade, didn’t you? 😉
No legroom in economy flights…This will never be mentioned on FB right?
2. Packed in the hotel toiletries and even tea bags and sugar sachets.
“Its harmless…we paid for it right?”
3. Peed in the Hotel Pool
No one ever comes to know 😛
4. Credit card maxed out and had to call home to send in more cash
“Hello Mom!! Can you wire some dollars here?”
5. Had to do Mental Maths of Currency conversion at every purchase
6. Faced Racist stares from shopkeepers while bargaining
7. Bought clothes that turned out to be ‘Made in India’
8. Exceeded the luggage limit but sweet talked our way out of it
What we say..
What we mean..
9. Carried Indian snacks like Khakhra and Thepla
10. Went looking for an Indian restaurant half way through the trip
11. Exotic chicks made them feel invisible
Babaje Ka Thulli is what they managed!
12. Ended up buying liquor from the Indian airport (as it was cheaper)
13. Saved all the loose change in the passport holder for the next trip
“ I still have this from my last tip , Sucker!!
14. Still have the luggage tags from the last few trips on the bags
No matter how many times your mom may have asked you to remove the tags! They Stay!
15. Asked for the third..fourth..fifth round of alcohol from the stewardes and when she stopped responding..they felt cheated!
Though the cocktails were not as potent as the patiala pegs back home..Cheaters!
16. Bought gifts for relatives after returning home for their relatives and packaged them as ‘foreign’
They would never find out na!
17. Had trouble understanding the Videshi accent
18. Was scanned suspiciously at the airport
19. Didn’t do anything different..just lazed around in the hotel room
20. Finally so happy to be back to the Desi Land!
Incredible India rocks!