On Friday 17th April, 2015, F&F 7 crossed the $1 billion mark in terms of Worldwide Box Office income. Not only it has crossed $1 billion figure but also become the first movie to reach this figure in just 17 days. Furious 7 has became the first movie to achieve this milestone in short period of 17 days while “The Avengers”, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2” and “Avatar” reached the figure of $1 billion in 19 days. Furious 7 has made $1.009 billion on Friday, out of which $237.7 million have been earned in North America and $735 million overseas. Furious 7 earnings have helped the Fast and Furious series cross the $3 billion figure.
Many records have been made by F&F 7 including:
- It was the biggest opening of April and Easter.
- Second position in terms of Biggest opening till now, which is $397.2 million, the first position is kept by Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.
- In the history of Universal Pictures, highest domestic opening as well as International.
- Since November, 2013 it is the highest domestic opening.
- It remained No.1 for two consecutive weeks at the Worldwide Box Office
- It broke the records in China by grossing $63.5 million on the opening day leaving behind Transformers 4, which earned $36 million on the opening day.