China is the new market for Indian films and it must be admitted that it’s one of the brightest overseas markets we have so far. China has not just added an extra dimension to Indian films’ revenue it has actually increased it manifolds.
Films like Dangal, Secret Superstar, Baahubali, Hindi Medium have done record-breaking business in China and it was extremely encouraging for all related. With a huge success like this, more filmmakers have been encouraged to get their films released in this new territory.
Akshay Kumar starrer Pad Man was the recent release in China and it opened to a decent response. The collections were better than films like Hichki and Sultan which is pretty good. Here’s a list of 10 Indian films which scored most on the opening weekend of their release in China. Have a look-
1. Secret Superstar – $27,180,510 (Rs 194.65 crores)
2. Hindi Medium – $15,771,827 (112.94 crores)
3. Dangal – $12,512,356 (Rs 89.60 crores)
4. Toilet Ek Prem Katha – $9,096,164 (Rs 65.14 crores)
5. Bajrangi Bhaijaan – $8,503,621 (Rs 60.89 crores)
6. Bahubali – The Conclusion – $7,684,706 (Rs 55.03 crores)
7. Pad Man – $5,200,000 (Rs 37.23 crores)
8. PK – $4,654,829 (Rs 33.33 crores)
9. Hichki -$4,215,123 (Rs 30.18 crores)
10.Sultan – $2,986,346 (Rs 21.38 crores)
Which is your favourite film out of these?