Sale and discounts are dearest to people in our country and the fact gets proved again as the E-tailers clock record-breaking sales in this festive season of 5 days.
It has been reported that a sale of Rs 15,000 crore has been done by the E-tailers this year compared to Rs 10,325 crore last time. The growth is 64% which is eye popping. This goes on to prove that Indian consumers have finally started believing in and opting for online shopping. Have a look at some of the key pointers-
1. The majority of share in the sale of Rs 15,000 goes to the sale of smartphones, large appliances and fashion.
2. The year on year growth rate is higher this time.
3. The number of consumers in tier II cities has heavily increased which has contributed big time to these results.
4. The numbers generated last year by Amazon’s Great Indian Festival Sale were crossed in just 36 hours this time. 80% of the customers came from small towns. Amazon’s Hindi Website saw 2.4 times new customers coming and shopping on the platform as compared to a non-sales day.
5. Flipkart’s Big Billion Day Sale also garnered huge sale and surpassed all records by great margins. It managed to achieve a 70 per cent share of entire Indian e-commerce market in the 5 day-BBD 2018 sale.
6. Paytm Mall has also reportedly done a sale of 12 million items including smartphones, groceries, consumer electronics and fashion. It reportedly got 5 times increase in transaction and sales compared to normal days.
7. ShopClues received a heavy number of customers from tier III and tier IV towns. Snapdeal received a rise of 38% as well.
Isn’t that a giant leap in Indian e-commerce sector?