The first part of the “Transformers” series came in 2007 and since then, many of us are imagining that one day, our car will also turn into a transformer but for now, the fans of “Transformers” have an option of turning a tablet into a transformer.
Hugo Barra, the Global VP of Xiaomi told that for the first time, Xiaomi and Hasbro have come together in China to begin a crowdfunding program for making Mi Pad 3 which can be changed into a robot called Soundwave.
Hugo Barra posted this on his Facebook page, “R&D worked really hard to ensure that the color, details and feel are exactly the same as Mi Pad 2. They were challenged at turning such a slim 7mm tablet into a 3D robot, but they managed to do so with a 30-step folding assembly.”
DailyMail UK published:
- The Soundwave is being made on the occasion of the sixth anniversary of Xiaomi.
- The robot is available at the rate of 129 Yuan or $20 by the crowdfunding program
- The robot gets back into the shape of slim 7mm rectangle in 30 steps.
- The dimensions of Mi Pad 3 are the same as Mi Pad 2.
Let us also have a look at the main characteristics of this form changing tablet:
- It has a display of 7.9-inch.
- It has resolution of 2048 x 1536 and pixel density up to 324ppi.
- It consists of Quad-core Intel Atom X5-Z8500 processor.
- It has 2GB RAM.
- And last but not the least; it has Intel HD graphics for the GPU.
We believe that the fans of “Transformers” must be knowing it but if someone doesn’t know – Soundwave is a Decepticon and it is the most important subordinate of Megatron. The original color of Soundwave is blue and in 1984 when it was launched a toy, it had the capability to turn into a cassette tape player.
Image source: Google