So, this week Youtube finally enabled this feature.
Youtube now allows users in India, Indonesia and the Philippines to download videos they can watch later.
By this feature, a user can click on the special icon on the site and save the video to watch it later. The saved video can be viewed offline as many times within 48 hours.
The videos are available for offline playback only through the YouTube application, and can be downloaded via mobile data or Wi-Fi.
This feature is very beneficial to Indian user as people were earlier facing the problem of slow internet connection and buffering. But now, they can simply save the video and watch it later without any interruptions.
You can now watch Youtube videos offline by following these steps:
- Update your Youtube app to the latest version.
- Search for the video you want to save to view it later.
- Check for the extra button to download the video. (Not all videos have the special button)
- Click on the button.
- Select the quality of video, Your download will start.
- After the download is completed, Go to YouTube menu and tap the offline button.
- Watch your video offline.