Burping! Not only babies love to do it, but all young and old people equally participate in this act. While on other hand, some group of people think Burping is just hilarious! Now, I would say, Gas is normal function and everybody has it! This is no more a joke! Here are some thinks you should know about burp.
1. Gas is a serious business! But the less your burp , the more you fart. No we are not joking!
2. The longest burp ever recorded is 1 minute 13 seconds 57 milliseconds and was achieved by Michele Forgione in Reggiolo, Italy, on June 16, 2009.
3. While there are so many food taboos around the world, in some cultures burp after meal is considered to be a compliment for chef.
4. The loudest burp ever recorded was 109.9 decibels and was achieved by Paul Hunn in Bognor Regis, United Kingdom, on August 23, 2009. That’s louder than the roar of a motorcycle or snowmobile!
5.In normal condition a person can burp twice or thrice in a day, but some people go upto six to twenty burps in a day.
6. Burping can happen if you’re nervous, or if you eat or drink too fast. Also, this is a common problem with chronic heartburn or GERD because they swallow too much of air which in return produces burp.
7. It is very important for babies to burp when they are young. This is because they swallow a lot of air and are unable to give it out because of having an inability of sitting straight.
8. Did you know a burp of 10 cows together can heat a small house for a year?
9.The official medical term for burping is eructation
10. Chickens can’t burp