Being a soldier and serving the country is not an easy task at all. These soldiers work hard day in and day out, to ensure the protection of the country. Here we mention you 10 things about Indian soldier facing while defending Himalayan border.
1. Mountain climbers climb when the weather is at its best, all round the year.
2. In Himalaya, the pressure and oxygen are so less where it becomes difficult to breathe and in hot says, temperature can be as high as 0 degree.
3. While defending Himalayan border, soldiers mostly rely on Satellite phone where a single phone is shared by 100 – 200 men.
4. Snowstorms in Himalaya can last 3 weeks, with the speed of the 100 mph.
5. They have to climb and drop from an altitude of more than 20 thousand feet.
6. The distances here are not measured in meters or kilometers but they are measured in hours.
7. Soldiers have to rely only on canned food which even depends on whether.
8. Indian Army spends more than 80% of its time preparing soldiers of deployment.
9. You are always at the risk of deadly frostbite on your bare skin.
10. Human body tends to lose wight and there are chances of memory loss when you stay at such an high altitude.
These were few difficulties that every Indian soldiers face while defending Himalayan Borders. We salute all of them!