Leaving your home to go and study somewhere else, might be the best and the hardest thing you could ever do ! Nothing could ever prepare for what’s ahead… how many sleepless nights you’ll face missing your parents and your hometown etc, so here are some pointers to keep in mind when you pack your bags and leave your comfort zone to venture into a completely new life –
1) However strong you might have been, this experience is going to be completely frightening and life-changing for you… so remember to go with the flow and trust yourself. A little independence is liberating.
2) You will miss your parents… more than ever.. like never before. Their constant nagging, scolding, criticism and loving gestures above all. Don’t fall apart, don’t think that you won’t be able to do this without them. Make them your strength, not your weakness.
3) You might take a lot of time to get adjusted with your new surroundings. Do this… EXPLORE… and then BREATHE. This is new, this is exciting. Count your blessings and have fun. ( But not too much ;p )
4) Food might be a problem… especially if you’re living in a completely different environment from where you’ve come. But try to develop a taste. You’re gonna be there for a while.
5) For those trying to manage long-distance relationships… this distance would be a challenge. Trust, patience, love.. will not just be words anymore.
6) Money, will need managing. You will need to become responsible. Period.
7) You need to understand that you’re on own now. So be more organised. Study hard when you have to and have fun too. Get out of your comfort zone.
8) You will have to manage your time, make calls back home and not cut out from the rest of your world.
9) You will miss your hometown like anything, the streets, the lamp posts, the places you used to go to with your friends. Somehow all this new life will fall short of the days spent back there.
10) In short, Your life will change. Some people will leave, things will change. Accept it and move on.