Chess is one of the trickiest games in the world, where you can accomplish goals only when there is continuous practice and knowledge about this game. The best thing about chess is you can get tricks only and only from some experienced person and not from anywhere else. However, this post will not be enough to be a grand-master but you need to go for it.
1. Chess has a long history span of over 1500 years, which is believed to originate in India before the 9th century, whereas some people believe it originated in China.
2. The longest tournament game of chess lasted for 269 moves which took 20 hours, 15 minutes, and surprising ended in a draw.
3. Originally the queen was the “fers,” a counselor or prime minister but later the Europeans changed it in the 1400s and declared this to be the strongest piece in chess.
4. Blindfold chess is real and documented in world records, where the player has to play the moves without looking into the board.
5. Experts say after three moves – there is three moves by each side and there are over nine million possible positions.
6. The chess was mentioned in America in 1641 in Esther Singleton’s history of the Dutch settlers.
7. The first chess game, which took the longest time, was played between an astronaut in space and someone playing on earth, on 9th June 1970.
8. First computer program for playing chess was developed in 1951 by computer scientist Alan Turing.
9. Dr. Emanuel Lasker from Germany retained the World Chess Champion title which is longer than any other player in history (twenty-six years and 337 days)
10. Chess is also recommended by psychologist as they believe; chess helps in improving the memory function in a person’s body.
11. The folding chessboard was originally invented in 1125 by a chess-playing priest.
12. The number of possible unique chess games is greater than the number of electrons in the universe.
So, did you know about these things?