If you have visited the Vellore district in the state of Tamil Nadu, visiting the golden temple, Sripuram is must here. This is one among those temples which receives infinite numbers of devotee’s each day and a huge amount of donation too. So, here we brought a post which states about some amazing facts about the Golden Temple, Sripuram.
1. The golden temple of Sripuram is a spiritual park situated at the foot of a small range of green hills in a place called “Malaikodi” which is situated in the state of Vellore in Tamil Nadu, India.
2. According to sources, golden Temple, Sripuram was inaugurated on India’s Independence Day 15 August 2007.
3. The salient feature of Sripuram is the Lakshmi Narayani temple or Mahalakshmi temple which is named ‘Vimanam’ and ‘Ardha Mandapam’.
4. The temple is located on 100 acres of land and this beautofil temple has been constructed by a Vellore-based Sri Narayani Peedam, that is headed by spiritual leader Sri Sakthi Amma famous with the name – Narayani Amma.
5. The temple with gold covering, has intricate work done by artisans specializing in temple art using gold.
6. Every single detail was manually created,which also includes converting the gaint gold chunks into gold foils and then mounting the golden foils on copper.
7. Here, the Gold foil are about 9 layers to 10 layers and has been mounted on the etched copper plates. It is said that every single detail in the temple art has significance from the Vedas.
8. Sripuram design represents a star-shaped path (Sri chakra), positioned in the middle of the lush green landscape, with a length of over 1.8 km.
9. One has to walk along the star path to reach the temple in the middle, which is laid by messages from Sri Sakthi Amma and from other people belonging to different faiths and religion.
So, would you like to add some details to the list?