The morning of September 2 came with very sad news for not only the Indian TV and movie industry but the whole country as the popular actor Sidharth Shukla departed from this world due to cardiac arrest, as per the initial reports. The police is still investigating the matter in order to confirm the reason behind his departure and though there are no injuries on his body, cops are also probing from the angle of accidental d*mise.
Sidharth Shukla who was just 40 yrs old was rushed to Cooper Hospital, Mumbai, but he breathed his last even before reaching the hospital. This undoubtedly came as very shocking news for his fans and friends from the industry and people are taking to the social media networks to pay tribute to the late actor.
Quite obviously, people want to know more and more about Sidharth post his departure so here are some facts about him:
1. Sidharth Shukla hailed from a Hindu Brahmin family, his father Ashok Shukla was a civil engineer who was employed in the Reserve Bank of India and his mother Rita Shukla is a homemaker. He was the third child of his parents as he has two elder sisters.
2. He was a student of St. Xavier’s High School, Fort, Mumbai, and after schooling, he pursued graduation in interior designing from Rachana Sansad School of Interior Design.
3. Sidharth Shukla was pretty active in sports and he was a part of his school’s tennis and football team. He was also a part of the U-19 football team which played against the popular Italian club AC Milan when they visited Mumbai under the Festa Italiana.
4. Sidharth Shukla wanted to become an interior designer and he worked in a designing firm also after his graduation but his mother asked him to try his luck in modeling.
5. He was the runner-up in Gladrags Manhunt and Megamodel Contest in the year 2004 but his life changed completely when he won the World’s Best Model contest 2005 which took place in Turkey. Sidharth Shukla emerged as the winner after defeating 40 models from all around the world and no wonder that he got many offers after winning this contest.
6. During the modeling days, Sidharth Shukla lost his father after he was not able to recover from lung disorder.
7. In 2008, Sidharth made his TV debut with Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na; he worked in many shows but his most popular serial was Balika Vadhu which was based on the custom of child marriage.
8. Sidharth also worked in a couple of movies including 2014 released “Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania” which was his debut movie. Starring Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt in lead roles, the film was bankrolled by Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions.
9. In 2016, Sidharth Shukla acted in a Kazakhstan movie “Business in Kazakhstan”.
10. He also participated in reality shows; he won the Fear Factor: Khatron Ka Khiladi in 2016 and created history by lifting the trophy in the reality show Bigg Boss 13 hosted by Bollywood superstar Salman Khan in 2019. Sidharth Shukla was the most popular contestant of the show and people loved his chemistry with actress Shehnaaz Kaur Gill in the Bigg Boss house.
11. Sidharth was voted as the most favourite contestant of BB13; he was number 1 for 20 weeks and was also the most tweeted contestant.
12. He also hosted some shows such as Savdhaan India (2014), India’s Got Talent 6 (2015) and India’s Got Talent 7 (2016).
13. Sidharth Shukla was a fitness freak and he received many awards not just for his acting but also for his fitness and wellness.
14. Some time ago, Sidharth Shukla made his OTT debut with Broken But Beautiful 3 in which viewers appreciated his performance.