Marriage laws around the world, depends upon the country, religion, place a person belongs to. Although, you may be knowing about the various marriage laws in and around India, we brought you 10 surprising marriage laws around the world.
1. It is illegal to smooch your wife in public on Sundays in Hartford, Connecticut.
2. Few villages in Kyrgyzstan follow a tradition where brides are kidnapped by grooms and this is accepted in society.
3. You can create a Id, get married on virtual media, if you think the partner is likes you and vice versa, you can interact and get married in real world too.
4. In Delaware, the law states that marriage may be annulled if one or both parties enters the marriage as a dare.
5. In Arkansas it is legal to get married at the age of 18 with parental consent.
6. Town in Alaska, Talkeetna bachelors are auctioned single ladies who are more than 21 enters the auction room and the bachelor tries to impress the lady and then have drink or anything on mutual consent.
7. First cousins are allowed to marry in Utah only if they are over 65-years-old.
8. In the town of Truro, the groom-to-be must prove himself by hunting and killing six blackbirds or three crows.
9. In Saudi Arabia, a woman can file for divorce if her husband fails to supply her with fresh coffee.
10. It’s illegal for a married couple town of Salem, Massachusetts to sleep nude in a rented room.
So, did you know any of this surprising marriage laws?