You know what is scarier than watching a horror movie, reading one. Because our imagination is a wild one and often our mind goes of wandering different things. But we always remember something that is scary or funny as it lasts a longer impression on our mind. So here is a list of the best 20 short horror stories for you.
1. I begin tucking him into bed and he tells me, “Daddy check for monsters under my bed.” I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, “Daddy there’s somebody on my bed.”
2. I woke up to hear knocking on glass. At first, I thought it was the window until I heard it come from the mirror again. — therealhatmam
3. The grinning face stared at me from the darkness beyond my bedroom window. I live on the 14th floor. — bentreflection
4. They delivered the mannequins in bubble wrap. From the main room, I begin to hear popping. — Mikeyseventyfive
5. My wife woke me up last night to tell me there was an intruder in our house. She was murdered by an intruder 2 years ago. — The_D_String
6. “I can’t sleep” she whispered, crawling into bed with me. I woke up cold, clutching the dress she was buried in. — VaultKid321
7. I peeked outside. The pizza delivery guy is at the door, but I didn’t order a pizza — and definitely not from someone wearing a pig mask.
8. My mother has been screaming at the front door for hours now. She’s not happy that I killed her with my bare hands.
9. After working a hard day I came home to see my girlfriend cradling our child. I didn’t know which was more frightening, seeing my dead girlfriend and stillborn child, or knowing that someone broke into my apartment to place them there. — cobaltcollapse
10. My daughter won’t stop crying and screaming in the middle of the night. I visit her grave and ask her to stop, but it doesn’t help. — skuppy
11. My husband woke me up by kissing my cheek when he got home late. This morning I checked my phone — he stayed with a friend last night.
12. It’s nice that my grandmother calls to check on me, but if she wants to communicate from the other side I wish she wouldn’t scream so much.
13. My boyfriend has a collection he’s very proud of. He never told me that he’s been collecting souvenirs from the girlfriends he murdered.
14. As I played in the basement, Mother called me upstairs. From behind me, She whispered, ‘Don’t go up there.’ — CheckeredBag
15. Muscles now relaxed, and still in her bed; young Timmy and Zax leaving all left unsaid. A smile Zax cracked, and ‘no’ Timmy plead: ‘no need to cut further, mom’s already dead.’ — CDC_
16. I held my son’s hand tightly as the cars whizzed past the sidewalk. “With any luck, they won’t find the rest of him,” I muttered to myself.
17. I was starving and lost in the woods until I found a hiker. I’m full now, I just wished she hadn’t screamed so loud.
18. There was a picture in my phone of me sleeping. I live alone.
19. I kept calling my girlfriend the day they buried me. She wouldn’t answer.
20. I got a haunted doll in the mail today. If only I could find where she ran off too…