Many times we get to hear that various institutes or universities have cheated on students by promising them a degree in a course. But when the course gets completed, students come to know that the university is not recognized by University Grants Commission. Hence it doesn’t have the authority to give them a degree.
UGC tries to make students aware of such universities that are playing with lives of students by uploading their names on its website on a regular basis. Last year it released the list of 23 fake universities.
Once again, UGC has uploaded the list of fake universities on its website www.ugc.ac.in and issued a warning to public so that nobody takes admission in these universities. The list consists of 24 fake universities and out of these, 8 universities are operating in New Delhi.
Here is the list of universities that are declared fake by UGC:
1. Nababharat Shiksha Parishad, AnupoornaBhawan, Plot No. 242, PaniTanki Road, Shaktinagar, Rourkela-769014
2. North Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, University Road Baripada, Distt. Mayurbhanj, Odisha-757003
3. Sree Bodhi Academy of Higher Education, No. 186, Thilaspet, Vazhuthavoor Road, Pondicherry-605009
4. Raja Arabic University, Nagpur
5. Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine, 80, Chowringhee Road, Kolkata- 20
6. Maithili University/Vishwavidyalaya, Darbhanga, Bihar
7. Commercial University Ltd., Daryaganj, Delhi
8. United Nations University, Delhi
9. Vocational University, Delhi
10. Viswakarma Open University for Self-employment, India, Rozgar Sewasadan, 672, Sanjay Enclave, Opp. GTK DEPOT, New Delhi-110033
11. Adhyatmik Vishwavidyalaya (Spiritual University), 351-352, Phase-I, Block-A, Vijay Vihar, Rithala, Rohini, Delhi-110085
12. BadaganviSarkar World Open University Education Society, Gokak, Belgaum (Karnataka)
13. St. John’s University, Kishanattam, Kerala
14. Institute of Alternative Medicine and Research, 8-A, Diamond Harbor Road Builtech inn, 2nd Floor, Thakurpukur, Kolkata-700063
15. Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi, UP/Jagatpuri, Delhi
16. Mahila Gram Vidyapith/Vishwavidyalaya, (Women’s University) Prayag, Allahabad (UP)
17. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University), Achaltal, Aligarh (UP)
18. Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, KosiKalan, Mathura (UP)
19. Maharana Partap Shiksha NiketanVishwavidyalaya, Pratapgarh (UP)
20. Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad, Institutional Area, Khoda, Makanpur, Noida, Phase-II (UP)
21. Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, Prayag, Allahabad (UP)
22. National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy, Kanpur
23. ADR-Centric Juridical University, ADR House, 8J, Gopala Tower, 25 Rajendra Place, New Delhi – 110008
24. Indian Institution of Science and Engineering, New Delhi
Last year in November, UGC wrote a letter to 123 deemed universities in which they were directed to remove the word “university” from their names. It also referred to an order of SC which stated that use of word “university” by them is violation of Sec 23 of UGC act.
We also request our readers to be careful while taking admissions in institutes and universities and do verify their details.