Connect with us

Modi Government Gets Slammed On Twitter After Claiming That Rafale Documents Got Stolen

News

Modi Government Gets Slammed On Twitter After Claiming That Rafale Documents Got Stolen

On 6th March, that is Wednesday, the Supreme Court had adjourned the hearing for the Rafale case. Things took a different turn when the Modi government alleged that important Rafale related documents had been stolen from the Ministry of Defence.

Advocate Prashant Bhushan had claimed that the Centre had submitted false documents to the Supreme Court. At this point, Attorney General KK Venugopal alleged that Bhushan was referring to documents that had been stolen.

These allegedly stolen documents had been published by the leading publication, The Hindu, and the spokespersons for the publication has emphasized that nothing in the world can make them reveal their sources.

When advocate Prashant Bhushan referred to an newspaper article by a senior journalist, Venugopal readily dismissed the point of reference by saying that those were based on stolen documents and said that the investigation was ongoing.

After news of these stolen documents spread like wild fire, #RafaleDeal began trending on social media. A lot of people questioned the statements made by the government and called it a lame or ridiculous excuse.

You must check out what some had to say:

#1

#2

#3

#4

#5

#6

#7

#8

#9

#10

A lot of people are calling the government incompetent and incapable of protecting highly confidential documents. This does raise questions on the competency levels of those in power. In fact, Rahul Gandhi said that this is enough evidence to prosecute Modi in the Rafale case.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Share Your Views In Comments Below


More in News

To Top