These weddings were not only the most expensive weddings in the history, but they created largest fuzz during their time, and became the most talked wedding of all time. While, for these Bollywood stars, a wedding has to be a grand affair, it was something more than grand for their fans. By now, we are talking about their weddings where out favorite Bollywood celebs have left no stone unturned to make their holy union, a memorable moment for the world.
1. Not only their wedding card was one among the most expensive one’s but their wedding was a super huge affair. Wedding of Vivek Oberoi and Priyanka Alva was outstanding where people saw the mixture of Punjabi and Karnataka wedding. The Mandap was decorated with 35,000 swarovski crystals and imported flowers from Italy. The total cost of the wedding was something more than crore.
2. If we are talking about the most expensive wedding, we surely cannot miss to list the Pataudi wedding. The celebration and merrymaking was never ending for Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor. The couple got married in Maharaja style, where the cost of wedding is estimated to be 10 Crore.
3. And Shilpa Shetty and Raj Kundra got married on November 22, 2009, at Bawa’s Villa in Khandala and gave us one of the most pompous and unforgettable wedding. Ring of Shilpa shetty alone costed 3 crore and is one among the most costly wedding rings worn by Bollywood Diva’s. According to various reports, Shilpa wore outfits by ace designer, Tarun Tahiliani and spent 50 lakhs on her bridal saree. It had 8000 Swarovski crystals embellished on it. The reception had 9 tier cake that was rumored to be around 80 kilos.
4. Aishwarya Rai, tied the knot with Abhishek Bachchan, on April 20, 2007, at the Bachchan bungalow, Prateeksha. The wedding saw only the close relatives of Bachchans and hence there is no confirming news about the expenditure but is somewhere around 5 crore. However, the marriage was not a low key affair, it was a lavish affair and hence included in this list.
5. When it comes to wedding of Genelia and Ritesh, marriage was both performed in Hindu and Christian style. The ten year long relationship was finally cherished making their wedding a lavish one. The cost of wedding is estimated to be somewhere around 5-6 crore. It was a grand five-day affair; and the actual wedding was held in the Taj Lands End hotel, Mumbai.
6. Wedding of Avantika and Imran saw the whole Bollywood legion, and hence it has to be a pompous affair. The cost of wedding is estimated to 5.2 Crore. Their expensive and lavish reception was held in the Taj Lands End hotel on January 10, 2011.
7. During the making of Lagaan, Aamir Khan proposed Kiran Rao and after which they tied a knot to each other. The couple gave us some good moments and justified royal moments. Not sure about the cost, but it is rumoured that the total wedding costed 2 Crore Rs.
8. Wedding of King Khan definitely needs to be among the most expensive wedding till date. Shahrukh Khan tied knot to Gauri Khan, after spending six years of togetherness with each other. The total cost of wedding was 1 crore.
So, would you like to add some more in the list?