Xiaomi today launched 2 new products – Mi Pad, its First Tablet in India For Rs. 12,999 and Redmi 2 at Rs 6,999.
Mi Pad, which is priced at Rs. 12,999 with is high end specs will be giving direct challenge Google’s Nexus 9. On other hand, the low cost Redmi 2 with be giving tough competition to sub 10k phone like Micromax Yu, Moto E 2nd Gen and Asus Zenphone 5.
Redmi 2 shares a few features with its predecessor and had few upgrades apart from the 4G-capability. The new Redmi 2 and MiPad both will be available exclusively on Flipkart in India.
There will be flash sale for Redmi 2 with its registrations starting today at 6 PM. MiPad will be available without any flash sale. Both the devices will be on sale on March 24.
Have a look at specification of MiPad —
- Powered by a ‘4+1’-core Nvidia Tegra K1 SoC ARM Cortex-A15
- Clocked at 2.2GHz
- DIsplay of 7.9-inch QXGA (2048×1536 pixel)
- 16GB internal storage
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 screen
- 192-core Kepler GPU
- 2 GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Kepler GPU architecture with support of OpenGL 4.4 and OpenGL ES 3.1.
- 8MP rear camera with Sony BSI sensor for full-HD resolution videos
- 5MP front snapper
- 6700mAh battery
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac.
MiPad will come with six colors options — Black, White, Red, Blue, Green and Yellow.
Specification of Redmi 2 —
- 64-bit 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor
- 2MP Front Camera
- 2,200mAh Battery Backup
- QuickCharge 1.0 for fast charging
- Android 4.4-based MIUI 6.0
- 8 GB internal storage
- 1 GB RAM
Xiaomi global vice president Hugo Barra said that another Redmi 2 variant with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage will be released in India later with its price being higher than Redmi 2.